Thursday, July 17, 2008

Concentric Kelp on Half Moon Bay, CA



With all of our internet connectedness these days, I find that there are still periods when it’s just not worth the time to make it happen. Andrea and I are in the middle of a business, family, and revitalizing trip to the Bay area of California. I’ve been off the internet and clock more than I’ve been on in the past 5 days. We met initially in 1984 in Sonoma County, 40 or so miles north of San Francisco, and she lived from age 12 to 20-something in and around Palo Alto and Davis.

There is much I could report, but I’ll be relatively brief. I find the dry air, cool nights (and days in San Fran) agreeable to my body. The population density is more than I like, but buffered with more open spaces than one might imagine.

I saw a number of kelp floaty thingies on the beach at Half Moon Bay where we spent a night with Andrea’s dad and his wife. I made a sand doodle with them. I don’t think the sea gulls noticed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think the sea gulls probably used it as a labyrinth.